January 25, 2018
Enjoy this Delicious Recipe for National Soup Month
Crock-pot soup recipe for National Soup Month.
There’s nothing like enjoying a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter’s evening! That’s why everyone should try out this easy and delicious crock-pot soup recipe. Whip up this classic chicken noodle soup to warm up your loved ones this winter.
Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped fairly thin (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped fairly thin (1 1/4 cups)
- 3 – 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth (3 – 15 oz cans)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried sage (optional)
- 1/4 tsp celery seed, finely crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Saltine crackers or parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Add chicken (left whole), diced carrots, onion, celery, and garlic to your slow cooker.
- Add in olive oil, chicken broth, water, thyme, rosemary, celery seed, bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken and allow to rest 10 minutes, then dice into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add egg noodles and parsley to slow cooker.
- Increase temperature to high, cover and cook 10 minutes longer (or until noodles are tender).
- Stir in lemon juice and toss in cooked, diced chicken. Serve warm with saltine crackers or top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy this easy and delicious crock-pot soup recipe in honor of National Soup Month. If you are looking for insurance coverage this January, then turn to the experts at Higgins Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with all your insurance needs. Contact us to get started today.